2.17.2011

Huggy Bear Chic

Before I start let me officially decree that I love, love, love the throwback to the 70's (the good part of the 70's that is, no thank you to all things poly-blend)that fashion has been showcasing for a while now. I mean let's face it, fashion is about excess (seen even in the ongoing minimalism trend)and beauty and about feeling good and no era provided a window of time where such a similar mantra reigned true more than the 70's.
With disco, Studio 54, Halston (long live Roy!)and platform shoes, it was all about the party and yes, all about excess. The timeline of fashion runs in a circle not a straight line and therefore the good will always return (keyword: good).
Photobucket

The key, as it is with any "look," is to mix and match. A sort of today with yesterday love child if you will. Note: this works with all things in my opinion. (High meets low, sex meets chastity, classic meets graphic, schizo meets sane...yadda, yadda, etc. etc. blah, blah, blah). Now please enjoy an ode to those who have done it right in a segment entitled: Shit done right!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Now please, while I am very much myself a 'Caution to the wind' style dresser, it needs to be said that this kind of style can go VERY WRONG.
Beware of la grippe that is commonly known as Huggy Bear Syndrome. It's claimed some of the best and let it be known that there is a fine line betwen Shit done right! and La Maladie de Huggy Bear. Beware, my fashion following friends, beware.
Photobucket

And on that note-->AH-Men.
Images: Alexa Chung at New York Fashion week F/W 2011, a runway still from Michael Kors F/W 2011 collection, and Daria Werbowy leoparding about from an unknown date. I know, so official.

No comments: